Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Last two weeks - the second

Week Four
So on that saturday I went with my host parents to the art museum in Tigre, which the others had already visisted with San Andres during the week, I had skipped the tour because I was still a bit sick. Overall the museum has a BEAUTIFUL building, rebonito, but the collection is actually fairly limited and I thought the tour was rather boring, we only got to look at a few of the paintings and I think we were doing a bit too much analyzing for a tour (it's not supposed to be a college class). I'm happy I went there though.
That weekend I also went out for the first time at night, we went to a bar/boliche for Martin's cumple. I could legally drink so I got one of those drinks that's like fruit juice with a bit of whisky, but I didn't drink too much of it because I was scared that I was going to get drunk, don't worry, that didn't happen. I did dance a bit which is really strange for me, I tend to be very shy, so I'm actually rather proud of myself for that. So we got home at arund 4 or 5 in the morning, with a taxi drivers that told me the story of his life, I won't recount it here though, the most interesting part of the ride was when he told us "you see that building there, they used to torture people there" (wow). So then I got home, went to bed, and by the time I got up it was alrady time to leave to go to an asado at Christy's house. We had a lot more meat [once again] and then our host cousins and sisters started juggling.

No comments: